Read answers to frequently asked questions we receive.

How does my beneficiary collect on my insurance?

When a member passes away, the Lodge will need a certified copy of the death certificate for the insurance company. The Lodge will complete and submit the insurance form and will notify the beneficiary when the insurance check is received. Death benefits for members in good standing are $2,000 for those age 69 and under and $1,000 for those who are 70 and above.

How do I change my beneficiary?

Troopers Lodge #41 has beneficiary cards at the Lodge office. Upon notification that you wish to change your beneficiary, a new card will be mailed to you. You need only to complete and sign the card and return to the Lodge office.

How do I submit my child's name for a scholarship?

Beginning in July, the Troopers Lodge #41 and the Line of Duty Memorial applications, along with the rules and regulations, will be available for download from our website. The scholarships are drawn before the October Board Meeting. A running list of winners is kept in the Lodge office. If you're unsure if your child has won before, please contact the Lodge office.

How do I file a grievance, or know if my issue is a grievance?

It's important to remember you only have 14 days to file a grievance from the date of the violation or when you knew of the violation. Grievance forms are available at the "Troopers Only" drop down menu.

How do I know who my district trustees are?